Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Simple Apron

It has been really busy at the Huzl house since the new year.  I did, however, find some time to make four aprons and sleep pants.  First, the apron.  You won't believe that I found the material at Walmart.  I really liked the way the brown border matched the print.  I found this simple apron pattern  at Auntie's Attic in Niagara Falls, NY.  It's across from the Outlet Malls.  First and foremost, I washed the fabric and ironed it without starch or steam.  Then, I measured and cut all the material.  The longest part of the project was making the straps.  I personally like to use a dowl to invert the fabric, and then iron it down to keep its form.  Once all of the pieces are ready, It took literally 15 minutes to sew it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment