Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day Wall Hanging

This is a cute wall hanging my husband and I created on paper.  I used a 16 1/2" square up to create the wall hanging's size.  To create the appliques, I used Heat 'n Bond - Firm on fleece and the Cricut and Gypsy machines.  On the gypsy, I pulled up all the hearts for my cartridges and decided to use George and Basics for the regular heart shapes, and Gypsy Wanderings for the key-to-my-heart design. The X's came from Cuttin' Up.   I used a deep cutting blade, low speed, max pressure and double cuts.  Most of the shapes turned out decent with a little clean up needed.  If I had to do it again, I would have used a slightly thinner fabric.  I created the design on a purple cotton remnant, and sewed it to white quilted backing.  I put a 1 1/2 border along the back of the hanging and cut slits into it to hang. 

No comments:

Post a Comment