After waiting for rain/snow to figure out what was going on, we found small leaks along the outside wall of our house. How to fix it you ask? We decided on putting in a sump pump.
They did a great job hiding it in a box, and my Dadio is coming in May to attach an access door. Boy I wish he lived closer ...
Then contractors came for insulation and dry wall.
That's when my work started! My wonderful husband and I worked over the past few weeks to paint the walls, stain and install the trim, stain all the wooden cabinets that were unfinished. It was really tricky staining, cutting and attaching sides to all of the cabinets since they were previously all together and didn't need to have finished sides. We also stained the doors in the hallway. They look so much better!
Finally a ceiling and carpeting!
Here is the new rebuild, with a space to craft and do homework/study. I still have organizing to do, especially with the piles of scrap paper I've collected...
This is the family room, it is shaped like an L. The "boot" part of the leg is here:
I used to have clear tubs, but I thought it looked very messy, so I went with photo boxes. I'm not sure if it looks better, but it is more organized. The large cabinet below on the left is full of fun craft supplies for the kids.
On the other side of the room is this area for homework and other crafting. My computer and printer are also near the window. (Blinds are on their way).
I can't say I'm done, but I'm certainly on my way. I can't wait to start crafting again!! Miss all my crafting buddies online.