Sunday, March 3, 2013

Operation Write Home challenge # 162

This week's Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge # 162 turned out pretty good, but it took a while to create.  I organized all of my scrap paper yesterday and today, and then got to work.  I never saw this sketch before, and here is my version:



The cut is a freebie in the Cricut Craft Room this week.  It was originally a card, then I shrunk it and cut the top off.  I really like the cut, but it left a few frayed edges that I tried to smooth out.  Also, I used the ATV for the middle, and a fine point glue pen for the cut out, but the glue pen parts keep coming off.  I don't want it to end up in the card hospital :'(              YIKES!




For this card, I turned the sketch to the side and rearranged it a bit.  The card stock is recollections but I can't remember the design paper.  You can't really tell, but it has clear shimmer on it, like glitter glue.  It won't flake off.  The embellishments are from my stash.

Thanks for looking.  I wonder what everyone else did...

4 comments:

  1. I love that you used the negative for the Mom image. Very pretty paper also. I don't know which way I like the card going. they are both so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty cricut cut that looks delicate. I like your choice of papers and that you made cards in the upright and flipped positions. It really helps show how versatile a sketch can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your color choices. And I like how you used it both ways, horizontally and vertically. Great rendition of Sketch #162...

    ReplyDelete