Monday, May 27, 2013

Operation Write Home Challenges

Hello!!  I hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day.  My little one has a fever today, poor kid.  He's been quite lucky all winter. I was thinking it was allergies, but as the day goes on I'm afraid it may be the flu...   This is not good since rehearsal is Wednesday...  No sickness, broken bones, any ailments allowed!  My daughter loves to dance, and he wanted to do tumbling with her this year.  It's probably the only time they will be in the same dance class because she is going on to the older group, and I'm not sure how long he will be interested in tumbling...

I was tickled pink to see Hubspot highlighted Operation Write Home today!  All of Sandy's hard work is really paying off.  She is so inspirational, talented, and personable that anyone involved with her adores her.

I've been busy this weekend! I made cards for the past two sketch challenges as well as Jubilee cards for my Aunt who is a Franciscan nun.  I was surprised that among the cards she needed were three celebrating their 80th jubilee.  That makes them close to 100!  Way to go ladies!

Well, I've jabbered on long enough, here are the cards...

Challenge 173

173

This challenge came quite easy for me. I immediately knew what I wanted to do and made 6 of them in short time.  Here it is:
















Challenge 174

174

I made this card with the cricut















This card was really fun to make.  I used my new favorite stack DCVW All About Boys.  This fishing cut is from BOYS WILL BE BOYS on the cricut at 2 1/2", and I used pop up dots to pop it up.  The sentiment was a fee bee on the internet which I colored in with colored pencil. It took a little more time to make since I had to piece all the small cuts, but it's worth it.  I was thinking of saving one for my hubby, but he doesn't even fish??!!

This is another card I made for my aunt that follows sketch challenge 174 more closely:















I used DCVW's Kaitlyn paper and the flower was from stash


These are other cards I made this weekend:
















For this card I used some of my favorite paper that I'm almost out of and a  Jim Holtz stamp set that was on clearance at Michael's.  I bought it a few months back, and finally got to use it!!
















I used an old sketch for this card, I think 124??  Don't quote me on it.

Thanks for looking.  I hope you had a great weekend and enjoy the week ahead!

Diane


3 comments:

  1. Very cute cards. Hope your little guy recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope your son feels better soon. All the cards you posted are great and my favorite is the "favorite catch" card. Just adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are so fantastic. You did such a super job. WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete