Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Operation Write Home #209

This week's Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge #209 really got my mojo working.  Here's the sketch:
209

and here's my card:


I used the Stretch Your Imagination cricut cartridge for the gift.  The cake is a dollar store stamp that I colored with watercolor pencils.  I also ran the white through my big shot with a Darice folder.




I remembered to show the inside this time!


On a side note, my girlfriend recently bought me a heat embossing tool.  I decided to give it a whirl.  I was just playing around a bit. I think this card turned out neat.







The butterfly was a pre-cut by Creative Memories.  I sponged some red ink on the embossed part of the butterfly before adding glue and powder.   I think I may have either added too much glue/embossing powder or overheated the butterfly to get the colors the way they are. It was fun playing around with this card.

Thanks for looking,

Diane

2 comments:

  1. Your sketch #209 card for OWH is awesome! Love the way you repeated the dots with embossing, dotted papers and brads, and the little cake stamp is just right. Your butterfly card turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super nice card...way to mix up the images...striking banners!

    ReplyDelete