Wednesday, January 9, 2013

OWH - Challenge - no sentiment

This weeks Operation Write Home Challenge -sentiment-free/ card(s) were made with children in mind.  I originally wanted to go with a classic cream and brown simple card, but decided since they are for kids, they should have color! I don't know if you can see it, but the orange and green cuts are embossed with various Sizzix plates.  I didn't do much embellishment because I'm not sure what to do... So some suggestions please...  One note to consider -  NO GLITTER - it will compromise the troops' safety.
This picture was originally a woman, but I trimmed the hair to make it look like a man.  I think it could be either way, but my hubby likes to toss the kids up into the air more than I do, so I did it with him in mind.

 These girls are cute!

 For the Fairy Princess, or someone who is loosing teeth - lol!

And for the sports fan!!  

I hope you enjoyed them, and I would love some feedback!


6 comments:

  1. Uplifting - especially the first card. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting silhouette cards. Really unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun color combinations - any child would LOVE to receive one of these cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun loving, cheery cards for kids. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are great for kids-- very clever to have trimmed the hair to make it a man! I have a hard time with masculine cards- so this is a good idea! Are your cuts from A Child's Year? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes it is, Diane. I should have mentioned that...

    ReplyDelete