Wednesday, January 23, 2013

OWH Sketch Challenge #156

I love how this week's Operation Write Home sketch challenge #156 was so inspirational to me!  I've been seeing a TON of colored images on OWH and being a cricut gal, I've never ventured.  But I FELL IN LOVE with Linda L's card from the Show Us Your Green challenge I HAD TO try it...  She found this cute little angel image free on Whimsie Doodle and it was all over for me.

I tried coloring this image 5 times.  I printed it on regular card stock and first used coloring pencils and then  FibraColor markers.  The colored pencils showed the texture of the paper, so I didn't like that. And the markers bled some odd way... So off to Michaels to see what I could do.  Copic markers were a little too pricey for a not so sure commitment ... and after being there some time I decided to try using Canson Marker Bright White paper.  It is perfect for markers and pencils.  50 sheets for about $5 with my 40% coupon!  I was pleased with the outcome this time.  The paper is very thin, so I should mount it on white paper before adding another layer next time. 

Here's my first try...


Isn't she cute?  The paper is Bazzill Basics Red Devil and the stamp is Michael's craft smart for $1. 

I'm thinking my daughter's Crayola coloring pencils aren't going to make it much longer...  Perhaps some other coloring pencils will work better... Not sure which kind...



4 comments:

  1. I love this card! it's so sweet, reminds me a lot of you :D love ya paisan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I abolutely love that I inspired you. Did you notice their other adorable freebies. Free Digital Stamps has a daily post that I follow. I am a newbie at using Copics. I was able to take a class at my LSS before it closed. I only own around 30 colors that I purchased over time. Sweet card...love the yellow against the red. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little girl is so cute. I have to agree with Linda that the color scheme of the yellow against the read is very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card Diane. Love the little girl image and your coloring. Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete