Thursday, March 13, 2014

FCCB #201 - Sketch

This week's Fantabulous Cricut Challege Blog #201 is a sketch


I learned to pay attention to the sketch with this card.  Let me show you what I mean...

Here is the sketch:



and here is my FIRST card




I originally stamped right on the design paper, but thought it looked awkward, so I added another layer.  

Here's the SECOND version:


Then I realized this card didn't have all the elements of the sketch.... I had forgotten the border strip behind the circle in the sketch.  


Here is my THIRD version:

   

I used smaller polka dots because the large dots just looked weird with all the layering.   Maybe not to you...

The elephant and circles are from Birthday Bash page 38.
I cut the elephant at 2 1/2"
I cut the circles at REAL DIAL SIZE Blue:2 1/2:  and red 2 3/4"
The circles on the elephant page were related to the Card/Tag for this cut, and sometimes they don't come out the size I want it to unless I use REAL DIAL SIZE.

So that is how my card evolved.  

The third version is going to be entered into the FCCB sketch challenge.  

Have a good weekend.  Stay warm!

God Bless,

Diane

3 comments:

  1. Adorable cards. Thank you for playing along with us for this weeks challenge at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all three of these cards and I love that elephant image! Thanks for joining the sketch challenge at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! I love all of the different versions. Thanks for joining us for the sketch challenge at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete