Saturday, March 8, 2014

Word to Scrap By - challenge #3

Today's card come from a challenge blog named

                  Words To Scrap By


This unique challenge blog uses saying, lyrics, or any written word to inspire your cards.

This Month's Challenge

This month's inspiration comes in the form of quotes from a few favorite movies.
  • There's no place like home. (The Wizard of Oz, 1939)
  • The stuff that dreams are made of. (The Maltese Falcon, 1941)
  • Here's looking at you, kid. (Casablanca, 1942)
  • May the force be with you. (Star Wars, 1977)
Your challenge is to make a card inspired by one of the 4 quotes listed above.


I used the There's No Place Like Home quote.

Having moved from NY to Chicago in 2012, I've felt homesick on and off the past year and a half.

These cards were made with intentions of writing back home and for OWH soldiers wanting to send a note home.

I didn't put a sentiment on the card because I didn't think it had the room, and because I couldn't decide what to put on there.  I thought of:   from my home to yours, thinking of home, love to home...
nothing really caught my attention.

Here's the card.




















I used the April Showers Lite and Once Upon a Child cartridges for this card.  I also ran a few things through my Big Shot for dimension. This is the first time using gel pens to add dimension to the card.

Below is the first card I created, but I thought it had too much detail.

I noticed everyone was stamping their cards on this site, I'm going to try that in the near future...  

Take care and God Bless!

Diane



6 comments:

  1. I love your take on the challenge. I think both of these card are delightful. A lot of "stitching" done here. I think they look best without a sentiment and that way the sender can also write what they want inside. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, Both of these cards are so cute -- and perfect for OWH! Love the embossing and gel pen details. Thanks so much for sharing the details of W2SB and for joining us for this month's Oscar-inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful. I love that these are cut paper. It gives them a unique textural quality that you don't often see in stamping. There is a story on the OWH site about a deployed mother with a blind daughter who looks through the cards for the ones with the most interesting textures. Your card would be great for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the detail of your card! It doesn't need a sentiment or any stamping at all...it definitely says "there's no place like home!" Thanks for sharing and playing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Ann no sentiment required. I make quite a few cards for OWH with no sentiments because it leaves the card wide open to be used for any reason. I am not very good with the gel pen. Your details are great. It gives the cards a fun and whimsical feel. Have a great weekend and TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing along with us at Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com! Both cards look great. The gel pens and embossing add wonderful detail to your Cricut cuts.

    ReplyDelete