Monday, March 3, 2014

OWH Sketch Challenge #214 and some other cards

Hello!

Hope you've been crafting and keeping warm!  I'm not even going to talk weather, but I will say I've made some stuff and would like to share it with you...

This week's Operation Write Home Challenge #214 came easier than I thought. 


Here's the sketch:

214

and here is my version:





















I was looking through my scraps this past week and pulled some papers from a small card stack. I decided to use those papers to make the card for this challenge.

The striped and stars papers were cut at about 1.5 to 1 inch strips.
The stars were made on the cricut - George and Basic Shapes
The twin is from Michaels and I don't like it since it looks like it's frayed ... note to self - don't go cheap

I made 8 of these cards and they will be used as Any Hero mail.


On to more cards.  I found this cute design paper in an old DCVW card stack... I mean, it's from quite a few years back...

The scissors image was free online, but I forgot the source.  Just type in free sewing images and this will come up.
I also brought out the sewing machine to give it an authentic look.


The design paper for these cards looked like counted cross stitch, so I outlined the main design I wanted to emphasize and sewed around the edges to give it more texture.




Operation Write home has great tutorials and inspiration. A while back they had a tutorial on how to use a 6x6 card stack all at once.  

I'm very slow at making cards, but I decided to give it a try.  I used a 6 x6 stack from My Mind's Eye to create these cards, and to my surprise, I came up with several cards.  Here they are!









I can honestly say that I made more cards at one time than I ever made before, which is AWESOME.  But I only used about a third to half of the stack... must keep at it in the future.

These two cards popped up along the way when I found some interesting paper...




Last But not least...  

My daughter loves to color and she wanted me to hang with her to color for a while.  Well, I thought this would be a good time to bring out an old favorite of mine from my childhood.

Does anyone else remember this Light Up Drawing Desk?  It had a tone of Disney images to copy and color.  I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it....



Here it is, still in the original box (a bit beat up over the years) from the early 80s!!!


We took turns on the desk and these are the cards I came up with:






I love the polka dot paper with Micky Mouse.  Just had to share an old memory with my girl.  And she loved it!

Thanks for stopping by,


God Bless,

Diane

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I wish I had your energy :-) This is a great group of cards and an inspiration to make multiples which is something I'm not very good at! I like your sketch card with the stacked star and button plus great papers. There will be a lot of grateful heroes!

    ReplyDelete